sweet rice cake : Palitaw
1 cup rice flour (Can not be substituted with any other flour) (galapong in Filipino language)
¾ cup water
Grated coconut meat
Sesame seed, (toasted)
- Mix water and rice flour to form a round dough.
- Knead the dough (or just like in the picture, shape a small ball)
- Boil in a casserole.
- (To test if the rice dough is cooked, drop it in a deep container of water to see if it will float; if it floats then it is already cooked).
- Dry it just a little.
- Roll in coconut meat mixture.
- Sprinkle with sugar and sesame seeds
- Serve and enjoy 🙂
Palitaw from litaw, the Tagalog word for “float” or “rise”; sweet rice cake.